A finite dimensional approximation for pricing moving average options
AbstractWe propose a method for pricing American options whose pay-off depends on the moving average of the underlying asset price. The method uses a finite dimensional approximation of the infinite-dimensional dynamics of the moving average process based on a truncated Laguerre series expansion. The resulting problem is a finite-dimensional optimal stopping problem, which we propose to solve with a least squares Monte Carlo approach. We analyze the theoretical convergence rate of our method and present numerical results in the Black-Scholes framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1011.3599.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Bernhart, Marie & Tankov, Peter & Warin, Xavier, 2011. "A Finite-Dimensional Approximation for Pricing Moving Average Options," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11984, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marie Bernhart & Peter Tankov & Xavier Warin, 2010. "A finite dimensional approximation for pricing moving average options," Working Papers hal-00554216, HAL.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pavel V. Gapeev & Markus Reiß, 2005.
"An optimal stopping problem in a diffusion-type model with delay,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2005-005, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Gapeev, Pavel V. & Reiß, Markus, 2006. "An optimal stopping problem in a diffusion-type model with delay," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(6), pages 601-608, March.
Cited by:reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.