Asymptotic formulae for implied volatility in the Heston model
AbstractIn this paper we prove an approximate formula expressed in terms of elementary functions for the implied volatility in the Heston model. The formula consists of the constant and first order terms in the large maturity expansion of the implied volatility function. The proof is based on saddlepoint methods and classical properties of holomorphic functions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0911.2992.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision: May 2010
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-21 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leif Andersen & Alexander Lipton, 2012. "Asymptotics for Exponential Levy Processes and their Volatility Smile: Survey and New Results," Papers 1206.6787, arXiv.org.
- P. Friz & S. Gerhold & A. Gulisashvili & S. Sturm, 2010. "On refined volatility smile expansion in the Heston model," Papers 1001.3003, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
- Cristian Homescu, 2011. "Implied Volatility Surface: Construction Methodologies and Characteristics," Papers 1107.1834, arXiv.org.
- Zhi Guo & Eckhard Platen, 2011.
"The Small and Large Time Implied Volatilities in the Minimal Market Model,"
Research Paper Series
297, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Zhi Jun Guo & Eckhard Platen, 2012. "The Small And Large Time Implied Volatilities In The Minimal Market Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(08), pages 1250057-1-1.
- Zhi Guo & Eckhard Platen, 2011. "The Small and Large Time Implied Volatilities in the Minimal Market Model," Papers 1109.6154, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2011.
- Archil Gulisashvili & Peter Laurence, 2013. "The Heston Riemannian distance function," Papers 1302.2337, arXiv.org.
- Jim Gatheral & Antoine Jacquier, 2010.
"Convergence of Heston to SVI,"
- Antoine Jacquier & Patrick Roome, 2013. "The Small-Maturity Heston Forward Smile," Papers 1303.4268, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2013.
- Antoine Jacquier & Aleksandar Mijatovic, 2012. "Large deviations for the extended Heston model: the large-time case," Papers 1203.5020, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.