Sviluppo locale e sviluppo regionale: il caso delle Marche
AbstractIn order to determine the degree of similarity among 'local development trajectories' the paper conducts a preliminary comparative analysis of the development trajectories of the major local systems in the Marche Region in the period 1951-2001. It shows that there have been marked differences among the economic performances of these local systems – with regard to both the rates of change and time profiles of the trajectories. It also shows that there are substantial differences among local systems' economic sub-structures. These findings seem to raise severe doubts as to the scientific correctness of assuming Regions as 'units of analysis'. Moreover, they raise doubts about consideration of Regions as 'units of regulation': indeed, the structures of local systems are so different to require specific development strategies. The results obtained for the Marche Region suggest that the comparative analysis of local systems' economic performances should be extended to other Italian Regions as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali in its series Working Papers with number 252.
Date of creation: Feb 2006
Date of revision:
development strategies; development trajectories; local systems;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O12 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabrizio Barca, 2004. "Stato e sviluppo: un paradigma e un cantiere aperto," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2004(3).
- Ugo FRATESI, 2010. "The National and International Effects;of Regional Policy Choices: Agglomeration Economies, Peripherality and Territorial Characteristics," Working Papers 344, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Luca RICCETTI, 2010. "Minimum Tracking Error Volatility," Working Papers 340, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Gianluca Lavezzari & Sara Paoletti & Massimo Florio & Pietro Possenti, 2008.
"Internationalisation in the household appliances sector in Fabriano (Italy). A case study,"
200902, Centre for Industrial Studies (CSIL).
- Gianluca LAVEZZARI & Sara PAOLETTI & Pietro POSSENTI & Massimo FLORIO, 2008. "Internationalisation in the household appliances sector in Fabriano (Italy): a case study," Departmental Working Papers 2008-41, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Fabio FIORILLO & Agnese SACCHI, 2010. "I Want to Free-ride. An Opportunistic View on Decentralization Versus Centralization Problem," Working Papers 346, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.