Impacts Of Egyptian Socio-Economic Environment On Dietary Pattern And Adequacy
AbstractHealth and nutrition status including dietary adequacy are basic components of the human development and indicators for welfare in a certain community. The study focused upon how far a socio-economic environment would affect the dietary pattern and adequacy in Egypt. The current dietary pattern was compared with that before the economic reform adjustment, i.e. before 1986. Dietary adequacy of energy and protein was assessed to define the poverty line among urban and rural populations. The investigated changes in the socio-economic environment were income level, distribution, growth and price level by region; as well as demographic features of the household. Finally, the study discussed policy implications on both micro and macro level and provided recommendations to the decision-makers for how to secure adequate diet quantity-wise as well as quality-wise for poor categories and vulnerable groups among the Egyptian community.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Zagazig University, Department of Agricultural Economics in its series Reprints with number 107278.
Date of creation: Sep 1995
Date of revision:
energy and protein intake; energy and protein requirements; Dietary Adequacy; Dietary Pattern; Income and Dietary Pattern; vulnerable groups; Income Distribution; Agricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Soliman, Ibrahim & Shapouri, Shahla, 1983. "The Impacts of Wheat Price Policy change on Nutritional Status in Egypt," MPRA Paper 32395, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 1984.
- repec:ags:miscpa:101220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soliman, Ibrahim & Bassiony, Hala, 2011. "Role of buffalo in international trade," MPRA Paper 36740, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 2011.
- Ibrahim Soliman & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Mohamed Gaber Amer & Siham Kandil, 2010.
"Impacts of the Economic Reform Program on the Performance of the Egyptian Agricultural Sector,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
10-wp509, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Ibrahim Soliman & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Mohamed Gaber Amer & Siham Kandil, 2010. "Impacts of the Economic Reform Program on the Performance of the Egyptian Agricultural Sector," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 10-wp509, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.