Impacts Of Nafta On U.S.-Mexico Agricultural Trade
AbstractPaper presented at the Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association's Annual Meeting, Bar Harbor, ME, June 10-12, 2001 Data for 1989-99 indicate that U.S.-Mexico trade has increased substantially under NAFTA. Regression analyses do not provide strong evidence that NAFTA has been an mportant factor since the data indicate a continuation of previous trends. NAFTA resulted in trade under TRQs for previously prohibited products and enabled other trade to continue increasing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by West Virginia University, Department of Agricultural Resource Economics in its series Conference Papers with number 19105.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Consumer Sciences, PO BOX 6108, Morgantown, WV 26506-6108
Web page: http://www.caf.wvu.edu/resm/are/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, Vincent H., 1997. "Nafta, Gatt, And Agriculture In The Northern Rockies And Great Plains," Trade Research Center Special Reports 29175, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Diao, Xinshen & Roe, Terry L. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999.
"What Is The Cause Of Growth In Regional Trade: Trade Liberalization Or Rta'S? The Case Of Agriculture,"
14605, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Xinshen Diao & Terry Roe & Agapi Somwaru, 2001. "What is the Cause of Growth in Regional Trade: Trade Liberalisation or RTAs? The Case of Agriculture," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 51-79, 01.
- Quintana, Roberto Diego & Borquez, Luciano Concheiro & Aviles, Ricardo Perez, 1998. "Peasant Logic, Agrarian Policy, Land Mobility, And Land Markets In Mexico," Working Papers 12790, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Land Tenure Center.
- Chowdhury, A.A. Farhad & Allen, Albert J., 2003. "Impact Of Nafta On U.S. Corn Trade," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35113, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.