Emergence Of U.S. Organic Agriculture: Can We Compete?
AbstractThis compilation of papers for principal papers session PP-03 at the AAEA 1998 Annual Meeting assesses the current status of the organic agriculture industry in the United States. Paper topics address production, market and certification issues faced by the industry, research challenges and emerging conditions shaping domestic and international markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in its series Faculty Series with number 16704.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
production; marketing; industry structure; international trade; certification; organic agriculture; Industrial Organization; International Relations/Trade; Marketing; Production Economics;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deaton, Brady J., Jr. & Hoehn, John P., 2003. "Information As A Double-Edge Sword: Implications For Food Standards And Labels," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22235, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Griffith, Garry R. & Zepeda, Lydia, 2003. "An Overview of the Organic Food Products Market in Australia," Working Papers 12928, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Singh, Sukhpal, . "Marketing of Indian Organic Products: Status, Issues, and Prospects," IIMA Working Papers WP2004-10-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Mahoney, Paul & Olson, Kent D. & Porter, Paul M. & Huggins, David R. & Perillo, Catherine A. & Crookston, R. Kent, 2001. "Risk Analysis of Organic Cropping Systems in Minnesota," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20691, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Phillips, Jon C. & Peterson, H. Christopher, 2001. "Demand Overview For Organic Produce," Staff Papers 11778, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Zepeda, Lydia & Griffith, Garry R. & Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie), 2004. "Issues and Research Needs of the Australian Organic Food Products Market," Working Papers 12924, University of New England, School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.