The Single Payment Scheme In The Impact Assessment Of The Cap "Heath Check"
AbstractBased on the comprehensive Impact assessment of potential changes to the CAP that accompanied the HC legal proposals tabled by the Commission on 20th May 2008, this paper focuses on the impact analysis of options for adjustment of the Single Payment Scheme. It is put in evidence the distributional implications of the current SPS models as well as the link between the payment distribution with structural variables. Open issues that lead to the need of adjusting the system are also presented. The economic impact of alternative options are analysed based on Eurostat, audit, and microeconomic data. Issues examined include the impact of options on the distribution of payments, on land values, and on farmers income by size and specialisation. Results put in evidence the need to allow MS to consider a targeted adjustment towards a flatter rate for payments, which would address the societal concerns of unequal distribution of payments between farmers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 109th Seminar, November 20-21, 2008, Viterbo, Italy with number 44784.
Date of creation: 12 Nov 2008
Date of revision:
agricultural policies; single payment scheme; CAP reform.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Political Economy; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gocht, Alexander & Britz, Wolfgang & Ciaian, Pavel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2011. "EU-wide Distributional Effects of EU Direct Payments Harmonization analyzed with CAPRI," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114624, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Fabrizio De Filippis & Fabio Pierangeli, 2011.
"In tandem for cohesion? Synergies and conflicts between regional and agricultural policies of the European Union,"
LEQS â LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
40, European Institute, LSE.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Fabrizio De Filippis and Fabio Pierangeli, 2011. "In tandem for cohesion? Synergies and conflicts between regional and agricultural policies of the European Union," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 0, London School of Economics / European Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.