A Differential Examination of the Effect of Mandatory Country of Origin of Labeling on the Beef Sector
AbstractThe introduction of mandatory country of origin labeling in the agricultural sector promises to yield consumer benefits by providing additional information to consumers. However, these benefits will be partially offset by the cost of labeling paid by producers. This study derives the labeling cost required to offset consumer gains from labeling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI with number 19158.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Awada, Lana & Yiannaka, Amalia, 2012. "Consumer perceptions and the effects of country of origin labeling on purchasing decisions and welfare," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 21-30.
- Chern, Wen S. & Chang, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Benefit Evaluation of the Country of Origin Labeling in Taiwan: Results from Auction Experiment," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49215, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Plastina, Alejandro S. & Giannakas, Konstantinos, 2007.
"Market And Welfare Effects Of Mandatory Country-Of-Origin Labeling In The Us Specialty Crops Sector,"
2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN
9735, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Plastina, Alejandro S. & Giannakas, Konstantinos & Pick, Daniel H., 2008. "Market and Welfare Effects of Mandatory Country-of-Origin Labeling in the US Specialty Crops Sector," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6536, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Joseph, Siny & Lavoie, Nathalie, 2008. "Effectiveness of COOL in the U.S. Seafood Industry," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6260, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.