Report NEP-SPO-2012-08-23This is the archive for NEP-SPO, a report on new working papers in the area of Sports & Economics. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mirabile, McDonald & Witte, Mark, 2012. "Collegiate and professional careers of high school athletes," MPRA Paper 40643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirabile, McDonald & Witte, Mark, 2012. "Can schools buy success in college football? Coach compensation, expenditures and performance," MPRA Paper 40642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2012. "An empirical study of relationship between FIFA world ranking and domestic football competition level: the case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 35662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MATHESON, Victor & PEETERS, Thomas & SZYMANSKI, Stefan, 2012. "If you host it, where will they come from? Mega-Events and Tourism in South Africa," Working Papers 2012015, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- James Alm & William H. Kaempfer & Edward Batte Sennoga, 2012. "Baseball Salaries and Income Taxes: The "Home Field Advantage" of Income Taxes on Free Agent Salaries," Working Papers, Tulane University, Department of Economics 1209, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Kuper, Gerard H. & Sterken, Elmer, 2012. "Participation and Performance at the London 2012 Olympics," Research Report 12006-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Bertrand Candelon & Arnaud Dupuy, 2012. "Hierarchical Organization and Performance Inequality: Evidence from Professional Cycling," Working Papers 2012/12, Maastricht School of Management.
- Verena Jung & Sascha L. Schmidt & Benno Torgler, 2012. "What Shapes Young Elite Athletes' Perception of Chances in an Environment of Great Uncertainty?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2012-14, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).