Report NEP-SOC-2011-06-11This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Fabio Sabatini, 2011. "Who trusts Berlusconi? An econometric analysis of the role of television in the political arena," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2011_08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Alessandro Romeo, 2011. "Violence and social capital: Evidence of a microeconomic vicious circle," Working Papers 197, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- T. Clemson & T. S. Evans, 2011. "The Emergence of Leadership in Social Networks," Papers 1106.0296, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2011.
- Theodoros M. Diasakos & Florence Neymotin, 2011. "Community Matters: How the Volunteering of Others Affects One's Likelihood of Engaging in Volunteer Work," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 209, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Luigi Mittone & Matteo Ploner, 2011. "Cooperative Attitudes in Nonprofit Firms. Evidence from An Artefactual Field Experiment with Workers of Social Cooperatives," CEEL Working Papers 1101, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Sujarwoto & Gindo Tampubolon, 2011. "Child health and mothers’ social capital in Indonesia through crisis," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 14911, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Ugur, Mehmet & Dasgupta, Nandini, 2011. "Corruption and economic growth: A meta-analysis of the evidence on low-income countries and beyond," MPRA Paper 31226, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 May 2011.
- Dietrich, Franz, 2010. "Bayesian group belief," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Daniel Korschun & CB Bhattacharya & Scott D. Swain, 2011. "Corporate social responsibility, customer orientation, and the job performance of frontline employees," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-11-05 (R1), ESMT European School of Management and Technology, revised 19 Jul 2013.