Report NEP-POL-2012-07-29This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Marco Portmann & David Stadelmann & Reiner Eichenberger, 2012. "Voters elect politicians who closely matched their preferences," CREMA Working Paper Series, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) 2012-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bjorn Harsman & John Quigley, 2011. "Political and Public Acceptability of Congestion Pricing: Ideology and Self Interest," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1477, European Regional Science Association.
- Ilkin Aliyev, 2012. "Is Fiscal Policy Procyclical in Resource-Rich Countries?," CERGE-EI Working Papers, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague wp464, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- David Stadelmann & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Voting Decisions Exploring a 160-Year Period," CREMA Working Paper Series, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) 2012-11, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Matthew Gentzkow & Jesse M. Shapiro & Michael Sinkinson, 2012. "Competition and Ideological Diversity: Historical Evidence from US Newspapers," NBER Working Papers 18234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kuhn, Andreas, 2012. "Redistributive Preferences, Redistribution, and Inequality: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 6721, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David, Amdur, 2012. "Who believes in fiscal and monetary stimulus?," MPRA Paper 40149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meloni, Osvaldo, 2012. "Is there an electoral-motivated crime rate cycle? Evidence from Argentina," MPRA Paper 40177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hollanders, D.A. & Koster, F., 2012. "The Graying of the Median Voter," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2012-061, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- YAMAGUCHI Kazuo, 2012. "New Regression Models with Egocentric Social Network Data: An analysis of political party preference in Japan," Discussion papers, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) 12048, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Beath, Andrew & Christia, Fotini & Enikolopov, Ruben, 2012. "Direct democracy and resource allocation : experimental evidence from Afghanistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 6133, The World Bank.
- Jérôme Héricourt & Gilles Spielvogel, 2012. "How beliefs about the impact of immigration shape policy preferences: Evidence from Europe," Working Papers, DIAL (DÃ©veloppement, Institutions et Mondialisation) DT/2012/06, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Ivanyna, Maksym & Shah, Anwar, 2012. "How close is your government to its people ? worldwide indicators on localization and decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 6138, The World Bank.