Report NEP-POL-2011-05-24This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Florian Ade & Ronny Freier, 2011. "Divided Government versus Incumbency Externality Effect: Quasi-Experimental Evidence on Multiple Voting Decisions," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1121, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Imami, Drini & Lami, Endrit & Kächelein, Holger, 2011. "Political cycles in income from privatization: The case of Albania," BERG Working Paper Series 77, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Riccardo Rovelli & Anzelika Zaiceva, 2011. "Individual support for economic and political changes: Evidence from transition countries, 1991-2004," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 059, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Hirofumi Yamamura, 2011. "On Coalitional Stability and Single-peakedness," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-21, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Gustavo J Bobonis & Luis R CÃ¡mara Fuertes & Rainer Schwabe, 2011. "The Dynamic Effects of Information on Political Corruption: Theory and Evidence from Puerto Rico," Working Papers tecipa-428, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Allender, William J. & Richards, Timothy J. & Fang, Di & Doyon, Maurice, 2011. "Media Advertising and Ballot Initiatives: An Experimental Analysis," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 104224, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Brollo, Fernanda & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2011. "Tying Your Enemy’s Hands in Close Races: The Politics of Federal Transfers in Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 5698, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Axel Dreher & James Raymond Vreeland, 2011. "Buying Votes and International Organizations," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 78, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Siddhartha Bandyopadhyay & Mandar Oak, 2011. "Conflict and Leadership: When is There a Hawkish Drift in Politics?," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-24, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Cruces, Guillermo & Perez Truglia, Ricardo & Tetaz, Martin, 2011. "Biased Perceptions of Income Distribution and Preferences for Redistribution: Evidence from a Survey Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 5699, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Enrique Moral-Benito & Cristian Bartolucci, 2011. "Income and Democracy: Revisiting the Evidence," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 204, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Anastasia Litina & Theodore Palivos, 2011. "Explicating Corruption and Tax Evasion:Reflections on Greek Tragedy," Discussion Paper Series 2011_07, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised May 2011.
- Costa, Rafael F. & Susanto, Dwi & Rosson, C. Parr, III, 2011. "Political Affiliation and Exit Intentions of U.S. Dairy Farms," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103583, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Beuran, Monica & Raballand, Gael & Kapoor, Kapil, 2011. "Political economy studies: are they actionable ? some lessons from Zambia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5656, The World Bank.
- Roberta Occhilupo & Giuliana Palumbo & Paolo Sestito, 2011. "Siting public facilities: a theoretical and empirical analysis of the Nimby syndrome in Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 91, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Heboyan, Vahe & Gunter, Lewell F., 2011. "REAL EXCHANGE RATE DETERMINANTS IN TRANSITION ECONOMIES: Do Macroeconomic Fundamentals and Political Risk Play a Role?," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103952, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nancy Birdsall & Nora Lustig & Darryl McLeod, 2011. "Declining Inequality in Latin America: Some Economics, Some Politics," Working Papers 1120, Tulane University, Department of Economics.