Report NEP-POL-2005-12-14This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Gawande, Kishore, 2005. "The structure of lobbying and protection in U.S. agriculture," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3722, The World Bank.
- Edward J. Lopez, 2005. "Congressional Trends to Tax and Spend: Examining Fiscal Voting Across Time and Chamber," Public Economics 0512005, EconWPA.
- de la Torre, Luz Elena Reyes & Gonzalez, Jorge G., 2005. "Antidumping and safeguard measures in the political economy of liberalization : the Mexican case," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3684, The World Bank.
- Rajashri Chakrabarti, 2005. "Gains from a Redrawing of Political Boundaries: Evidence from State Reorganization in India," Others 0512002, EconWPA.
- Nathan M Jensen, 2005. "Measuring Risk: Political Risk Insurance Premiums and Domestic Political Institutions," International Finance 0512002, EconWPA.
- Edward J. Lopez & R. Todd Jewell, 2005. "Strategic Institutional Choice: Voters, States, and Congressional Term Limits," Public Economics 0512006, EconWPA.
- Jean, HINDRIKS & Ben, Lockwood, 2005. "Decentralization and Electoral Accountability : Incentives, Separation and Vote Welfare," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005038, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques, revised 15 Mar 2005.
- Nicholas Shunda, 2005. "A Model of Rights," Working papers 2005-53, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Geraats, P.M., 2005. "Political Pressures and Monetary Mystique," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0557, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Keefer, Philip, 2005. "Democratization and clientelism: why are young democracies badly governed?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3594, The World Bank.
- Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael, 2005. "Governance in the gullies : democratic responsiveness and leadership in Delhi's slums," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3694, The World Bank.
- Markus Goldstein & Christopher Udry, 2005. "The Profits of Power: Land Rights and Agricultural Investment in Ghana," Working Papers 929, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ling Shen, 2005. "When will a dictator be good?," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse22_2005, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Beck, Thorsten & Laeven, Luc, 2005. "Institution building and growth in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3657, The World Bank.
- Stephen Meardon, 2005. "Postbellum Protection and Commissioner Wells's Conversion to Free Trade," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0512001, EconWPA.
- Henisz, Witold J. & Zelner, Bennet A., 2005. "Resistance to multilateral influence on reform : the political backlash against private infrastructure investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3690, The World Bank.