Report NEP-EDU-2006-05-13This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ludwig, Jens & Miller, Douglas L., 2006. "Does Head Start Improve Children's Life Chances? Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design," IZA Discussion Papers 2111, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gunther Maier, 2006. "Product Differentiation or Spatial Monopoly? The Market Areas of Austrian Universities in Business Education," SRE-Disc, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business sre-disc-2006_03, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Björkman, Martina, 2006. "Income Shocks and Gender Gaps in Education: Evidence from Uganda," Seminar Papers, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies 744, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Alison Booth & Melvyn Coles & Xiaodong Gong, 2006. "Increasing Returns to Education: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University 522, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Alfonso Miranda & Massimiliano Bratti, 2006. "Non-pecuniary returns to higher education: The effect on smoking intensity in the UK," Keele Economics Research Papers, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University KERP 2006/04, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Filmer, Deon & Schady, Norbert, 2006. "Getting girls into school : evidence from a scholarship program in Cambodia," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 3910, The World Bank.
- Eren,Ozkan & Henderson,J. Daniel, 2006. "The Impact of Homework on Student Achievement," Departmental Working Papers, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics 0518, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics, revised 12 May 2006.
- Andreas Ammermueller & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2006. "Peer Effects in European Primary Schools: Evidence from PIRLS," NBER Working Papers 12180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas S. Dee & Brian A. Jacob, 2006. "Do High School Exit Exams Influence Educational Attainment or Labor Market Performance?," NBER Working Papers 12199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:sap:spesar:02 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Trinh Le & John Gibson & Les Oxley, 2005. "Measures of human capital: A review of the literature," Treasury Working Paper Series, New Zealand Treasury 05/10, New Zealand Treasury.
- Areendam Chanda & Debajyoti Chakrabarty & Chetan Ghate, . "Education, Growth, and Redistribution in the Presence of Capital Flight," Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University 2006-10, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Helen F. Ladd & Jacob L. Vigdor, 2006. "The Academic Achievement Gap in Grades 3 to 8," NBER Working Papers 12207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elizabeth Cascio, 2006. "Public Preschool and Maternal Labor Supply: Evidence from the Introduction of Kindergartens into American Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 12179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.