Report NEP-DEM-2012-07-23This is the archive for NEP-DEM, a report on new working papers in the area of Demographic Economics. Clarence Nkengne Tsimpo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hippolyte D'Albis & David De La Croix, 2012. "Missing Daughters, Missing Brides ?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00717385, HAL.
- David SAHN & Christopher HANDY & Peter GLICK, 2012. "Schooling, Marriage, and Childbearing in Madagascar," Working Papers 201225, CERDI.
- Huttunen, Kristiina & Kellokumpu, Jenni, 2012. "The Effect of Job Displacement on Couples' Fertility Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 6707, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rahim, Fazeer & Tavares, José, 2012. "Gender Discrimination: The Role of Males and Per Capita Income," CEPR Discussion Papers 9045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesca Marchetta & David Sahn, 2012. "The role of education and family background in marriage, childbearing and labor market participation in Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00717813, HAL.
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2012. "Can Pro-Marriage Policies Work? An Analysis of Marginal Marriages," IZA Discussion Papers 6704, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David SAHN & Francesca MARCHETTA, 2012. "The role of education and family background in marriage, childbearing and labor market participation in Senegal," Working Papers 201224, CERDI.
- Wolfgang Frimmel & Martin Halla & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2012. "Can Pro-Marriage Policies Work? An Analysis of Marginal Marriages," Economics working papers 2012-09, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Dirk Bethmann & Michael Kvasnicka, 2012. "A Theory of Child Adoption," Ruhr Economic Papers 0342, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Dirk Bethmann & Michael Kvasnicka, 2012. "A Theory of Child Adoption," FEMM Working Papers 120015, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Llerena, Freddy, 2012.
"Determinantes de la fecundidad en el Ecuador
[Determinants of fertility in Ecuador]," MPRA Paper 39887, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2012.
- Husain, Zakir & Ghosh, Saswata & Dutta, Mousumi, 2012. "‘Ultramodern contraception’ re-examined: cultural dissent, or son preference?," MPRA Paper 39950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gajigo, Ousman & Schwab, Benjamin, 2012. "The Rhythm of the Rains: Seasonal Effects on Child Health in The Gambia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126343, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wim Van Lancker & Joris Ghysels & Bea Cantillon, 2012. "An international comparison of the impact of child benefits on poverty outcomes for single mothers," Working Papers 1203, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Kirdar, Murat G. & Dayioglu, Meltem & Koc, Ismet, 2012. "Does longer compulsory education equalize educational attainment by gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic background?," MPRA Paper 39995, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Richard Ochmann, 2012. "Do Wealthier Households Save More? – The Impact of the Demographic Factor," Ruhr Economic Papers 0338, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Laura Leker & Grégory Ponthière, 2012. "Education, Life Expectancy and Family Bargaining: The Ben-Porath Effect Revisited," PSE Working Papers halshs-00715104, HAL.
- de Haan, Monique & Plug, Erik & Rosero, José, 2012. "Birth Order and Human Capital Development: Evidence from Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 6706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roed Larsen, Erling & Solli, Ingeborg, 2012. "Born to Run Behind? Persistent Relative Age Effects on Earnings," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2012/10, University of Stavanger.
- Husain, Zakir & Dutta, Mousumi, 2012. "Proximate illiteracy and modern contraceptive use in India: Analysis of DHS data," MPRA Paper 39951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amanda Glassman, Kate McQueston, and Rachel Silverman, 2012. "Adolescent Fertility in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Effects and Solutions - Working Paper 295," Working Papers 295, Center for Global Development.
- Carl Schmertmann, 2012. "Calibrated spline estimation of detailed fertility schedules from abridged data," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2012-022, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Aedin Doris & Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman, 2012. "Gender, Single-Sex Schooling and Maths Achievement," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n224-12.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Mizuochi, Masaaki, 2012. "The Effect of Work-family Balance Policy on Childbirth and Women's Work," Discussion Paper Series 575, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Marga Peeters & Loek Groot, 2012. "Demographic Pressure in the European Union," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_11, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- A. Debòn & S. Haberman & F. Montes & E. Otranto, 2012. "Model effect on projected mortality indicators," Working Paper CRENoS 201215, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Richard Akresh & Emilie Bagby & Daien de Walque & Harounan Kazianga, 2012. "Child Labor, Schooling, and Child Ability," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7478, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Robert G. Wood & Sheena McConnell & Quinn Moore & rew Clarkwest & JoAnn Hsueh, 2012. "The Effects of Building Strong Families: A Healthy Marriage and Relationship Skills Education Program for Unmarried Parents," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7321, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Kevin S. Milligan & David A. Wise, 2012. "Health and Work At Older Ages: Using Mortality To Assess Employment Capacity Across Countries," NBER Working Papers 18229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joris Ghysels & Kim Vercammen, 2012. "The beneficiaries of childcare expansion," Working Papers 1202, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Ehing, Daniel & Moog, Stefan, 2012. "Erwerbspersonen- und Arbeitsvolumenprojektionen bis ins Jahr 2060," FZG Discussion Papers 51, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Opfinger, Matthias, 2012. "In the Nation We Trust: National Identity as a Substitute for Religion," AICCON Working Papers 107-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Peggy Bechara, 2012. "Gender Segregation and Gender Wage Differences during the Early Labour Market Career," Ruhr Economic Papers 0352, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2012. "De Jure and de Facto Determinants of Power:Evidence from Mississippi," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 084, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Michael Kind & Jan Kleibrink, 2012. "Time is Money – The Influence of Parenthood Timing on Wages," Ruhr Economic Papers 0344, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Stephan Brunow & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "The impact of a culturally diverse workforce on firms’ market size: An empirical investigation on Germany," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012022, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.