Report NEP-AFR-2009-07-11This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Matthias Basedau & Alexander Stroh, 2009. "Ethnicity and Party Systems in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 100, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Wang, Limin & Kanji, Shireen & Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit, 2009. "The health impact of extreme weather events in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4979, The World Bank.
- Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Workneh, Sindu & Rhodes, Edward & Sutherland, John, 2009. "Rebuilding after emergency: Revamping agricultural research in Sierra Leone after civil war," IFPRI discussion papers 869, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Birru, Yohannes A., 2009. "Inflation dynamics and food prices in an agricultural economy : the case of Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4969, The World Bank.
- Nathalie Francken & Bart Minten & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009. "The political economy of relief aid allocation: evidence from Madagascar," LICOS Discussion Papers 23709, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2009. "How Does Communal HIV/AIDS Affect Fertility? - Evidence from Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 369, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2009.
- Ulimwengu, John M., 2009. "Farmers' health status, agricultural efficiency, and poverty in rural Ethiopia: A stochastic production frontier approach," IFPRI discussion papers 868, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nathalie Francken, 2009. "Reducing Corruption in Public Education Programs in Africa:Instruments and Capture in Madagascar," LICOS Discussion Papers 24009, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Mathieu Paquet & Luc Savard, 2009. "Impact of Informal Re-exports between Benin and Nigeria: A CGE analysis," Cahiers de recherche 09-14, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Mussa, Richard, 2009. "Rural-urban differences in parental spending on children's primary education in Malawi," MPRA Paper 16090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2009. "Nudging Farmers to Use Fertilizer: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Kenya," NBER Working Papers 15131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kazuya Wada, 2009. "Intra]couple Bargaining and School Enrollment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis of Microdata in Rural Kenya," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-073, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mussa, Richard, 2009. "Household economic status, schooling costs, and schooling bias against non-biological children in Malawi," MPRA Paper 15855, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Jun 2009.
- Hodonou DANNON, 2009. "Efficacité et productivité des banques de la zone UEMOA dans un contexte de réformes financières. Une application de la méthode DEA (Banks efficiency and productivity in the WAEMU in a context of," Working Papers 216, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Kazianga, Harounan & de Walque, Damien & Alderman, Harold, 2009. "Educational and health impacts of two school feeding schemes : evidence from a randomized trial in rural Burkina Faso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4976, The World Bank.
- Lall, Somik V. & Schroeder, Elizabeth & Schmidt, Emily, 2009. "Identifying spatial efficiency-equity tradeoffs in territorial development policies : evidence from Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4966, The World Bank.
- Mussa, Richard, 2009. "Impact of fertility on objective and subjective poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 16089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthias Schröter & Oliver Jakoby & Roland Olbrich & Marcus Eichhorn & Stefan Baumgärtner, 2009. "Remote sensing of bush encroachment on commercial cattle farms in semi-arid rangelands in Namibia," Working Paper Series in Economics 131, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.