Report NEP-AFR-2006-05-13This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Matthias Basedau, 2005. "Context Matters â€“ Rethinking the Resource Curse in Sub-Saharan Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 01, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Andreas Mehler, 2005. "Major Flaws in Conflict Prevention Policies towards Africa. The Conceptual Deficits of International Actorsâ€™ Approaches and How to Overcome Them," GIGA Working Paper Series 04, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Nicolas Hérault, 2005. "Trade Liberalisation, Poverty and Inequality in South Africa: A CGE-Microsimulation Analysis," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2005n17, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2006. "AIDS, "Reversal" of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa," NBER Working Papers 12181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johan Fourie, 2006. "Some policy proposals for future infrastructure investment in South Africa," Working Papers 05/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Serkan Arslanalp & Peter Blair Henry, 2006. "Debt Relief," NBER Working Papers 12187, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. UÃ°ur Karakaplan & Bilin NeyaptÃ½ & Selin Sayek, 2005. "Aid and Foreign Direct Investment : International Evidence," Departmental Working Papers, Bilkent University, Department of Economics 0505, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Wolfgang Hein & Lars Kohlmorgen, 2005. "Global Health Governance: Conflicts on Global Social Rights," GIGA Working Paper Series 07, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Nicolò Tomaselli, 2005. "Economic Partnership Agreements: Redesigning trade and development among EU and ACP Countries," DEIAgra Working Papers 5002, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Department of Agricultural Economics and Engineering, revised Sep 2005.
- BjÃ¶rkman, Martina, 2006. "Income Shocks and Gender Gaps in Education: Evidence from Uganda," Seminar Papers, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies 744, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Marie Suzanne Badji & DorothÃ©e Boccanfuso, 2006. "Niveau De Vie Du Menage Et Sante Nutritionnelle Des Enfants AgÃ©s De 0 Ã€ 59 Mois Au Senegal : Une Analyse Comparee Avant/Apres La Devaluation Du Franc Cfa," Cahiers de recherche, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration Ã l'Universite de Sherbrooke 06-14, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration Ã l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Matthias Basedau & Wolfram Lacher, 2006. "A Paradox of Plenty? Rent Distribution and Political Stability in Oil States," GIGA Working Paper Series 21, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Zuoquan Zhao, 2006. "A Spatial Model of Growth: Taking Technology Seriously," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group 2006-12, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.