Role of trade in development and overview of Asia-Pacific LDCs’ performance in trade and investment
AbstractThis chapter reiterates some truisms about the linkages between trade, trade liberalization and development. It also provides a statistical overview of the Asia-Pacific LDCs’ performance in trade and investment since 2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number tipub2625_chap1.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
Doha Round; trade; least developed countries; Aid for Trade; WTO; Asia-Pacific; trade liberalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kavoussi, Rostam M., 1984. "Export expansion and economic growth : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 241-250.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1997.
"Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1997. "Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn," NBER Working Papers 5896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010.
"ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links,"
Development Economics Working Papers
23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010. "ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links," Governance Working Papers 23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ben Shepherd & Gloria Pasadilla, 2010. "ï»¿Trade in Services and Human Development : A First Look at the Links," Trade Working Papers 23269, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 1999. "International Technology Diffusion: Theory and Measurement," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 537-70, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.