Physical vs. Virtual Information Search and Purchase in the Buying Behavior of Polish Young Consumers
AbstractThis paper investigates selected internal and external to the consumer factors influencing young consumers’ choices of physical or virtual channels for information search and purchase. Situations of channel lock-in and channel change between the mentioned phases of the buying process are described and their antecedents investigated. Perceived channel characteristics for information search and purchase, consumer decision-making style profile and information technology adoption level are considered to influence consumer choices in this case. Structural equation modeling has been used to analyze the gathered data – 5 models have been assessed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: Radoslaw Macik & Dorota Macik , , pages 739-759, 2011.
This item is provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its series MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers] with number 739-759.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.fm-kp.si/zalozba/ISBN/978-961-266-113-7.htm
More information through EDIRC
internet shopping; physical retail; information search; young consumers; Poland;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-69, December.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Tang, Wei & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2009.
"Accounting for Taste Heterogeneity in Purchase Channel Intention Modeling: An Example from Northern California for Book Purchases,"
Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series
qt9mg5s5g8, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Tang, Wei & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2009. "Accounting for Taste Heterogeneity in Purchase Channel Intention Modeling: An Example from Northern California for Book Purchases," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt3v25m8dc, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. " Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-13, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.