Financial Stability Indicators: Advantages and Disadvantages of their Use in the Assessment of Financial System Stability
In: CNB Financial Stability Report 2006
AbstractThis article sets out to describe and discuss the methodology of selected financial soundness and financial stability indicators, including the attempts to construct an aggregate financial stability indicator. The article also presents to the public for the first time the values of the IMF's core Financial Soundness Indicators for the Czech Republic and other selected countries and tries to construct an aggregate financial stability indicator for the Czech banking sector.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in: Adam Gersl & Jaroslav Hermanek CNB Financial Stability Report 2006, , chapter Thematic Article 2, pages 69-79, 2007.
This item is provided by Czech National Bank, Research Department in its series Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes with number fsr06/2.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Na Prikope 28, 115 03 Prague 1
Phone: 00420 2 2442 1111
Fax: 00420 2 2421 8522
Web page: http://www.cnb.cz/en/research/research_intro/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu, 2009. "Forecasting Romanian Financial System Stability using a Stochastic Simulation Model," Working Papers 2009.4, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Claudiu T Albulescu & Daniel Goyeau & Dominique Pépin, 2013.
"Financial instability and ECB monetary policy,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 388-400.
- Claudiu Tiberiu ALBULESCU, 2011. "Macro-Financial Risks and Central Banks: What Changes Has the Crisis Triggered?," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 4(3(15)), pages 135-142.
- Nadežda Sinenko & Deniss Titarenko & Mikus Arinš, 2013. "The Latvian financial stress index as an important element of the financial system stability monitoring framework," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 85-110, December.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2008.
"La dynamique de la stabilité du système financier roumain : une analyse en terme d’indice agrégé de stabilité
[Romanian financial system dynamics: an aggregate stability index analysis]," MPRA Paper 16754, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Jul 2008.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2008. "Assessing Romanian financial sector stability: the importance of the international economic climate," MPRA Paper 16581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Feb 2009.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2010. "Forecasting The Romanian Financial System Stability Using A Stochastic Simulation Model," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 81-98, March.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2013. "Financial Stability and Monetary Policy: A Reduced-Form Model for the EURO Area," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 62-81, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.