Welfare and Work: Experiences in Six Cities
AbstractKing and Mueser examine changes in welfare participation and labor market involvement of welfare recipients in six major cities during the 1990s. By focusing on these cities, they are able to glean the extent to which differences in state and local policy, administrative directives, and local labor market conditions contribute to the trends in caseloads, employment, and well-being observed among former recipients.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number waw and published in 2005.
ISBN: cloth 9780880993197 paper 9780880993180
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
welfare reform; poverty; labor market conditions; welfare recipients;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mueser, Peter R. & Stevens, David W. & Troske, Kenneth, 2007.
"The Impact of Welfare Reform on Leaver Characteristics, Employment and Recidivism: An Analysis of Maryland and Missouri,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3131, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske & David R. Stevens, 2007. "The Impact of Welfare Reform on Leaver Characteristics, Employment and Recidivism: An Analysis of Maryland and Missouri," Working Papers 0720, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Jochen Michaelis & Alexander Spermann, 2009. "Geringqualifizierte Arbeit, Marktlöhne und Sozialpolitik: Konzepte für Deutschland," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200920, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- David H. Autor & Susan N. Houseman & Sari Pekkala Kerr, 2012. "The Effect of Work First Job Placements on the Distribution of Earnings: An Instrumental Variable Quantile Regression Approach," NBER Working Papers 17972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.