Seven Schools of Macroeconomic Thought
AbstractThis book offers an excellent survey of various macroeconomic topics which feature prominently in the research agenda and have inspired both theoretical and policy debate. The book presents an authoritative and comprehensive summary and original critique of modern macroeconomic approaches by a scholar whose own contribution to the field is considerable. In each of his seven chapters, the author reviews one school of economic thought. These are: the Keynesian school of macroeconomics; the monetarist school; the New Classical school; the New-Keynesian school; supply side macroeconomics, and `non-monetary' models of macroeconomics - the real business cycle theory and the `structuralist school' which views changes in unemployment as the outcome of shifts in the structural characteristics of the economy. The book is the text of the first series of Ryde Lectures, established by Lund University in Sweden. Available in OSO: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/oso/public/content/economicsfinance/0198283334/toc.html
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198283331 and published in 1990.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2010.
"Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review,"
21553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stavros A. Drakopoulos, 2010. "Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 2009.
"FINANCIAL CRISES AND LIQUIDITY SHOCKS: A Bank-Run Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
15425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo, 2012. "Financial crises and liquidity shocks a bank-run perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 317-326.
- Eggertsson, Thráinn, 2013. "Quick guide to New Institutional Economics," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-5.
- Taylor, Lance, 1995. "Environmental and gender feedbacks in macroeconomics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1953-1961, November.
- Boyer, Robert, 1992. "La crise de la macroéconomie, une conséquence de la méconnaissance des institutions?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 43-68, mars et j.
- Roger Backhouse & Mauro Boianovsky, 2005. "Disequilibrium Macroeconomics: An Episode In The Transformation Of Modern Macroeconomics," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 012, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.