Law and Economics
AbstractEconomic analysis of law has been preoccupied by considerations of efficiency and often regards values and individual preferences to be independent of social institutions. This volume analyses the flaws in such an approach by pointing out the incommensurability of fundamental societal values in the context of the institutional structure. Given that individual preferences and values and social values impact each other in the context of an institutional structure, the book recognizes that a comprehensive theory of law must contend with (i) whether the institutional structure admits an equilibrium of individual and social values; and (ii) if there is an equilibrium, then what the extent of divergence is under it between the realized social values and the desired values.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198067733 and published in 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramello, Giovanni B. & Porrini, Donatella, 2010.
"Class action and financial markets: Insights from law and economics,"
POLIS Working Papers
143, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Donatella Porrini & Giovanni B. Ramello, 2011. "Class action and financial markets: insights from law and economics," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 140-160, July.
- Anna Menozzi & María Gutiérrez Urtiaga & Davide Vannoni, 2010.
"Board Composition, Political Connections and Performance in State-Owned Enterprises,"
9, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Anna Menozzi & María Gutiérrez Urtiaga & Davide Vannoni, 2012. "Board composition, political connections, and performance in state-owned enterprises," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 671-698, June.
- Anna Menozzi & María Gutierrez Urtiaga & Davide Vannoni, 2010. "Board Composition, Political Connections and Performance in State-Owned Enterprises," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 185, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Roger Blair & Christina DePasquale, 2011. "Considerations of Countervailing Power," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 137-143, August.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2010.
"BASEL III: responses to consultative documents, vital aspects of the consultative processes and the journey culminating in the present framework (Part 1),"
32869, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2011.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2011. "Basel III – responses to consultative documents, vital aspects of the consultative processes and the journey culminating in the present framework (Part 1)," MPRA Paper 33082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2010. "BASEL III – Responses to consultative documents, vital aspects of the consultative processes and the journey culminating in the present framework," MPRA Paper 25975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Saichev & D. Sornette, 2011. "Time-Bridge Estimators of Integrated Variance," Papers 1108.2611, arXiv.org.
- Ellen van de Poel & Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell, 2011.
"Measurement of Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Response of Use to Need,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-155/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O’Donnell, Owen, 2012. "Measurement of inequity in health care with heterogeneous response of use to need," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 676-689.
- Eric R. Claeys, 2011. "Bundle-of-Sticks Notions in Legal and Economic Scholarship," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 8(3), pages 205-214, September.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Daniel S. Hosken & Matthew C. Weinberg, 2011.
"The Price Effects of a Large Merger of Manufacturers: A Case Study of Maytag-Whirlpool,"
NBER Working Papers
17476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Daniel S. Hosken & Matthew C. Weinberg, 2013. "The Price Effects of a Large Merger of Manufacturers: A Case Study of Maytag-Whirlpool," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 239-61, February.
- Keith N. Hylton & Haizhen Lin, 2009. "Trial Selection Theory: A Unified Model," Working Papers 2009-06, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.