From Domestic Manufacture to Industrial Revolution: The Case of the Rhineland Textile Districts
AbstractThis book is an economic, historical, and sociological examination of rural textile industries in the Lower Rhineland beginning in the sixteenth century and culminating with the age of factory organization in the early 1800s. Drawing on archival sources not available to English language readers, Kisch analyses the evolution of entrepreneurial innovations, the growth of a skilled labour force, and changes in institutional mechanisms and patterns of social behaviour that prepared this critical economic region for the innovation of factory production that came with the industrial revolution.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195051117 and published in 1989.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Cantoni, Davide & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A, 2009.
"The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7245, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Davide Cantoni & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2011. "The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3286-3307, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Davide Cantoni & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2009. "The Consequences of Radical Reform: The French Revolution," NBER Working Papers 14831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.