Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractThe industrialised world has witnessed a dramatic increase in the volume of international capital movements in the forms of borrowing and lending, bond transactions and foreign direct investment. At the same time, many non-OECD countries have embarked on extensive programmes of capital market liberalisation. This volume, originally published in 1994, examines the implications of this increased international capital mobility for both industrialised and developing countries. The contributors look at the effect of developments on economic fluctuations, and on fiscal and monetary policies under alternative exchange rate regimes. They also address the erosion of capital taxation as a source of government revenue, the contribution of mobile capital to development with 'endogenous growth', the role of mobile capital in reducing unemployment where there are large-scale population flows, and the convergence of national growth rates.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521454384 and published in 1994.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1994. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Economic Structure and the Decision to Adopt a Common Currency,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt0bw0h379, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1997. "Economic Structure and the Decision to Adopt a Common Currency," Seminar Papers 611, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Frankel, J-A & Rose, A-K, 1996. "Economic Structure and the Decision to Adopt a Common Currency," Papers 611, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Andrew K. Rose., 1996. "Economic Structure and the Decision to Adopt a Common Currency," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C96-073, University of California at Berkeley.
- Daniel Levy, 1995.
"Investment-saving comovement under endogenous fiscal policy,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 237-254, July.
- Daniel Levy, 2005. "Investment-Saving Comovement under Endogenous Fiscal Policy," International Finance 0505008, EconWPA.
- Liliana Rojas-SuÃ¡rez & Donald J. Mathieson & Michael P. Dooley, 1996.
"Capital Mobility and Exchange Market Intervention in Developing Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
96/131, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael P. Dooley & Donald J. Mathieson & Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 1997. "Capital Mobility and Exchange Market Intervention in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 6247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chinn, Menzie-D & Dooley, Michael-P, 1997.
"Financial Repression and Capital Mobility: Why Capital Flows and Covered Interest Rate Differentials Fail to Measure Capital Market Integration,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 15(2), pages 81-103, December.
- Michael P. Dooley & Menzie Chinn, 1995. "Financial Repression and Capital Mobility: Why Capital Flows and Covered Interest Rate Differentials Fail to Measure Capital Market Integration," NBER Working Papers 5347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claessens, Stijn & Glaessner, Tom, 1998. "The internationalization of financial services in Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1911, The World Bank.
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, 1997. "El Retorno de los Capitales Privados a Chile en los Noventa: Causas, Efectos y Reacciones de Política," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(103), pages 339-362.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.