IHRM and Effective Global Staffing Systems in the Iranian Context
Abstract“The creation of global HR systems remains a real challenge for organizations fighting to stay competitive in a globalized marketplace” (Wiechmann & et al, 2003, p.71). In addressing this ongoing “challenge,” in this paper we first examine important global staffing issues and the practices that should be implemented to create a successful international global staffing strategy. Second, we paint a picture of the economic and labor conditions of Iran within a broader global marketplace. Finally, we specifically review Iranian HR managers' challenges in staffing, as well as identify the core and unique competencies necessary for carrying out effective Iranian domestic and international staffing strategies within an increasingly globalized economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Timisoara Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2(10) ()
Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.