Trade policies for the European Union today
AbstractThis paper analyses trade policies in the European Union. The common commercial policy is based on equal principles, particularly for changes in tariff rates, the conclusion of tariff and trade agreements, equal measures of liberalization, export policy and measures to protect trade with those to be taken in case of dumping or subsidies (anti-dumping and anti-subsidy). Is the common external trade policy, very free-trade and characterized by a minimal regulatory framework, suitable for the competitiveness and relocation governing the European Union today because of globalization that leads businesses to invest in areas with low labour costs and social protection? What leeway do national states have to introduce distortions in trade or the emergence of new business areas? Can Clusters be analysed like an alternative to traditional protectionism? Can strategic sectors be protected? …
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Timisoara Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1(9) ()
Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.