Establishing agribusiness research priorities and coordinating agribusiness research
AbstractImproved agribusiness research priorities could help to expand research in this area and produce other benefits, but it will be difficult to channel agribusiness research into one or a few priority areas. This is so since considerations relating to usefulness and feasibility call for maintaining agribusiness research in a number of distinct areas. US and Canadian researchers propose to establish an agribusiness research coordinating committee which will emphasize research on competitiveness. Prescriptions for coordinating the competitiveness research and other agribusiness research are discussed together with commandments for carrying out agribusiness research effectively.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 5 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas L. Sporleder, 1986. "Agribusiness marketing research in a transition world economy," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(4), pages 431-442.
- Richard T. Rogers & Julie A. Caswell, 1988.
"Strategic management and the internal organization of food marketing firms,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 3-10.
- Rogers, Richard T. & Caswell, Julie A., 1987. "Strategic Management and the Internal Organization of Food Marketing Firms," Working Papers 115796, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Emerson M. Babb, 1986. "Production and operations management," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(4), pages 421-429.
- Fraser McLeay & Sandra Martin & Tony Zwart, 1996. "Farm business marketing behavior and strategic groups in agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 339-351.
- Bill Schroder & Felix Mavondo, 1994. "Strategy|performance|environmental linkages in agribusiness: Conceptual issues and a developing country example," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 419-429.
- Akridge, Jay T., 1992. "Agribusiness And Extension: Characteristics Of Successful Programs To Serve A Rapidly Changing Clientele," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
- Litzenberg, Kerry K., 1992. "Agribusiness And The Agricultural Economics Profession: Research Agendas In Agribusiness," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.