External equity financing in agriculture via profit and loss sharing contracts: A proposed financial innovation
AbstractAn institutional arrangement and contracting procedure by which external suppliers could potentially satisfy the demand for farm equity in a profit and loss sharing arrangement is outlined. An accounting schedule for calculating the equity division of owner and external equity is developed and presented. © 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Baker, Timothy G., 1986. "Farm Portfolio Adjustments To The Elimination Of U.S. Target And Support Price Provisions," Proceedings:1986 Regional Committee NC-161, October 7-8, 1986, St. Paul, Minnesota 127210, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Laurence M. Crane & David J. Leatham, 1993. "Profit and loss sharing in agriculture: An application of Islamic banking," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 403-412.
- Josep M. Argilés, 1998. "Accounting information and the prediction of farm viability," Economics Working Papers 277, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Beal, Diana J., 1996. "Emerging Issues in Risk Management in Farm Firms," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(03), December.
- Eric J. Slof & Josep M. Argilés, 1998. "An analysis of the accounting principles applied by the European Farm Accountancy Data Network," Economics Working Papers 342, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 1998.
- Josep M. Argilés & Eric J. Slof, 2000. "New opportunities for farm accounting," Economics Working Papers 497, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Josep Maria Argiles & Eric John Slof, 2001. "New opportunities for farm accounting," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 361-383.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.