The Economic Value of Farm Program Base
AbstractMixed integer programming and dynamic programming models were used to obtain the implicit economic value of the initial endowment of base acreage on a cotton farm. While low levels of initial base have almost no impact on land value, high levels can be worth a considerable premium, with the implicit value of additional initial base endowment increasing at an increasing rate. This pattern of increasing implicit value can be explained by provisions of the farm program allowing base to be created by a landowner who develops a planting history in a program commodity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 70 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sala Rios, Mercé & Torres Solé, Teresa, 2007. "Factores No Agronómicos: Análisis De Su Influencia En Los Precios De La Tierra Agraria/Analysis on the infl uence of Non-agronomic-factors over the prices of agricultural land," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 145-164, Abril.
- Femenia, Fabienne & Gohin, Alexandre & Carpentier, Alain, 2008.
"The decoupling of farm programs: Revisiting the wealth effect,"
108th Seminar, February 8-9, 2008, Warsaw, Poland
48107, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fabienne Femenia & Alexandre Gohin & Alain Carpentier, 2010. "The Decoupling of Farm Programs: Revisiting the Wealth Effect," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(3), pages 836-848.
- Vandeveer, Lonnie R. & Henning, Steven A. & Kennedy, Gary A. & Li, Chunxiao, 2000. "Financial Implications Of A New Farm Policy Environment," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 18(3).
- Roger Claassen & Richard Horan, 2001. "Uniform and Non-Uniform Second-Best Input Taxes," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Baylis, Kathy & Peplow, Stephen & Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo, 2008. "Agri-environmental policies in the EU and United States: A comparison," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 753-764, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.