Empirical Properties of Economic Incentives and Command-and-Control Regulations for Air Pollution Control
AbstractWhat are appropriate strategies for protecting the environment in developing countries that also seek to promote growth and reduce poverty? This article reviews the literature on cost-effective intervention, comparing regulatory and fiscal instruments ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (1986)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raúl O'Ryan, 2002. "Factors that Determine the Efficiency Ranking of Second-Best Instruments for Environmental Regulation," Documentos de Trabajo 147, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Feng, Hongli & Kling, Catherine L. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Secchi, Silvia, 2007. "Cac Versus Incentive-Based Instruments in Agriculture: The Case of the Conservation Reserve Program," Staff General Research Papers 10796, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kyriakopoulou, Efthymia & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2013. "Environmental policy, first nature advantage and the emergence of economic clusters," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 101-116.
- Efthymia Kyriakopoulou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2011. "Spatial location decisions under environmental policy and housing externalities," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 13(3), pages 195-217, September.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2004. "Prices versus Quantities Reconsidered," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20257, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Devlin, R.A. & Grafton, R.Q., 1993.
"Tradeable Permits, Missing Markets, and Technology,"
9301e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- R. Devlin & R. Grafton, 1994. "Tradeable permits, missing markets, and technology," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 171-186, April.
- Efthymia Kyriakopoulou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2014.
"Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns: Optimal and Market Allocations,"
2014.08, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kyriakopoulou, Efthymia & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2013. "Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns: Optimal and market allocations," Working Papers in Economics 566, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Efthymia Kyriakopoulou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, . "Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns: Optimal and Market Allocations," DEOS Working Papers 1328, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Scharin, Henrik, 2004. "Management of eutrophicated coastal zones," Department of Economics publications 717, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Efthymia Kyriakopoulou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2014. "Atmospheric Pollution in Rapidly Growing Urban Centers: Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns," DEOS Working Papers 1407, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Kelly, David L., 2005. "Price and quantity regulation in general equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 36-60, November.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Stavins, Robert & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies,"
dp-00-10-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G & Stavins, Robert N, 2003. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-59, January.
- Stavins, Robert & Newell, Richard, 2000. "Abatement-Cost Heterogeneity and Anticipated Savings from Market-Based Environmental Policies," Working Paper Series rwp00-006, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.