Alternative Measures of School Desegregation: A Methodological Note
AbstractThe effect of interracial contact in public schools on the enrollment of whites has been an important concern in assessments of desegregation since the 1970s. It has been feared that "white flight"--meaning exit from or avoidance of racially mixed ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1978)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jennifer Hook & Kelly Balistreri, 2002. "Diversity and change in the institutional context of immigrant adaptation: California schools 1985–2000," Demography, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 639-654, November.
- David Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2005.
"Scale-Invariant Measures of Segregation,"
Economic theory and game theory
018, Oscar Volij.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2007.
Staff General Research Papers
12818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Volij & David Frankel, 2004. "Measuring Segregation," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 210, Econometric Society.
- David M. Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2007. "Measuring Segregation," Working Papers 0703, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2010. "Measuring Segregation," Staff General Research Papers 32130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2005. "Measuring Segregation," Economic theory and game theory 017, Oscar Volij.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 2001. "Are Whites Still Fleeing? Racial Patterns and Enrollment Shifts in Urban Public Schools, 1987-1996," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 199-221.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1999. "Are Whites Still "Fleeing"? Racial Patterns and Enrollment Shifts in Urban Public Schools, 1987-1996," NBER Working Papers 7290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clotfelter, Charles T., 1998.
"Public School Segregation in Metropolitan Areas,"
98-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 2000. "Interracial Contact in High School Extracurricular Activities," NBER Working Papers 7999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.