The Effect of Unemployment Insurance on Unemployment Duration
AbstractThis paper shows that unemployment insurance benefits could decrease the expected duration of unemployment induced by search. An unemployed person who has to fin ance search from limited resources may use the benefits to intensify search effort and lower the expected duration of employment. Copyright 1987 by University of Chicago Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Labor Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (1987)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alan Manning, 2005. "You Can't Always Get What You Want: the Impact of the Jobseeker's Allowance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0697, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Matthias Vorell, 2009. "Killing them with Kindness: Negative Distributional Externalities of Increasing UI Benefits," Ruhr Economic Papers 0121, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Chantal Cases, 1994. "Durées de chômage et comportements d'offre de travail : une revue de la littérature," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 113(2), pages 155-170.
- Konstantinos Tatsiramos, 2009.
"Geographic labour mobility and unemployment insurance in Europe,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 267-283, April.
- Tatsiramos, Konstantinos, 2004. "Geographic Labour Mobility and Unemployment Insurance in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1253, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aino Salom�ki & Teresa Munzi, 1999. "Net Replacement Rates of the Unemployed. Comparison of various approaches," European Economy - Economic Papers 133, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.