Implementing double-robust estimators of causal effects
AbstractThis article describes the implementation of a double-robust estimator for pretest-posttest studies (Lunceford and Davidian, 2004, Statistics in Medicine 23: 2937-2960) and presents a new Stata command (dr) that carries out the procedure. A double-robust estimator gives the analyst two opportunities for obtaining unbiased inference when adjusting for selection eﬀects such as confounding by allowing for diﬀerent forms of model misspecification; a double-robust estimator also can offer increased efficiency when all the models are correctly speciﬁed. We demonstrate the results with a Monte Carlo simulation study, and we show how to implement the double-robust estimator on a single simulated dataset, both manually and by using the dr command. Copyright 2008 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Henríquez & Bernardo Lara & Alejandra Mizala & Andrea Repetto, 2012.
"Effective schools do exist: low-income children's academic performance in Chile,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 445-451, March.
- Andrea Repetto, 2011. "Effective Schools Do Exist: Low Income Children's Academic Performance in Chile," Working Papers wp_010, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Andrea Repetto & Alejandra Mizala & Bernardo Lara, 2010.
"The Effectiveness of Private Voucher Education: Evidence from Structural School Switches,"
2010 Meeting Papers
104, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bernardo Lara & Alejandra Mizala & Andrea Repetto, 2009. "The Effectiveness of Private Voucher Education: Evidence from Structural School Switches," Documentos de Trabajo 263, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2012. "Fiscal effects of budget referendums: evidence from New York school districts," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 77-95, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.