Resampling variance estimation for complex survey data
AbstractIn this article, I discuss the main approaches to resampling variance es- timation in complex survey data: balanced repeated replication, the jackknife, and the bootstrap. Balanced repeated replication and the jackknife are implemented in the Stata svy suite. The bootstrap for complex survey data is implemented by the bsweights command. I describe this command and provide working examples. Copyright 2010 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Note: to access software from within Stata, net describe http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj10-2/st0187/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palmer, Michael G. & Nguyen, Thi Minh Thuy, 2012. "Mainstreaming health insurance for people with disabilities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 600-613.
- Paul Eckerstorfer & Johannes Halak & Jakob Kapeller & Bernhard Schütz & Florian Springholz & Rafael Wildauer, 2014. "Correcting wealth survey data for the missing rich: The case of Austria," Economics working papers 2014-01, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Himelein, Kristen & Eckman, Stephanie & Murray, Siobhan, 2013. "The use of random geographic cluster sampling to survey pastoralists," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6589, The World Bank.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2011.
"Accounting for recent trends in absolute poverty in Poland: a decomposition analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 465-475, December.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2011. "Accounting for recent trends in absolute poverty in Poland: A decomposition analysis," Working Papers 2011-19, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Tim Goedemé, 2013. "How much Confidence can we have in EU-SILC? Complex Sample Designs and the Standard Error of the Europe 2020 Poverty Indicators," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 89-110, January.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2013. "Repeated half-sample bootstrap resampling," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2013 10, Stata Users Group.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.