Economies of Scale in Municipal Police Departments: The Case of Florida
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 69 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leigh M. Drake & Richard Simper, 2004. "The economics of managerialism and the drive for efficiency in policing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(8), pages 509-523.
- Isabel-MarÃa GarcÃa-SÃ¡nchez, 2007. "Evaluating the effectiveness of the Spanish police force through data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-57, February.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Marvin E. Dodson, III, 2003.
"Inefficient education spending in public school districts: a case for consolidation,"
2002-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Marvin E. Dodson & Thomas A. Garrett, 2004. "Inefficient Education Spending in Public School Districts: A Case for Consolidation?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 270-280, 04.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2005. "Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2013. "Fiscal Decentralization in Peru: A Perspective on Recent Developments and Future Challenges," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1324, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2012. "Do municipal amalgamations work? Evidence from municipalities in Israel," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 240-251.
- Tiller, Kelly & Jakus, Paul M., 2004.
"Explaining Cooperation In Municipal Solid Waste Management,"
2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO
20065, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kelly Tiller & Paul Jakus, 2004. "Explaining Cooperation in Municipal Solid Waste Management," Working Papers 2004-07, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Jin, Songqing & Alston, Julian M. & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun, 2003.
"Economies Of Scale And Scope, And The Economic Efficiency Of China'S Agricultural Research System,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22088, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Songqing Jin & Scott Rozelle & Julian Alston & Jikun Huang, 2005. "Economies Of Scale And Scope And The Economic Efficiency Of China'S Agricultural Research System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(3), pages 1033-1057, 08.
- Gorman, Michael F. & Ruggiero, John, 2008. "Evaluating US state police performance using data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 1031-1037, June.
- Caplan, Arthur J. & Gilbert, John & Chatterjee, Devalina, 2013. "Using Field-level Characteristics as Proxy Measures to Test for the Presence of Economies of Scale in Nonpoint Pollution Control," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(2), August.
- H. Naci Mocan, 1995. "The Child Care Industry: Cost Functions, Efficiency, and Quality," NBER Working Papers 5293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tiller, Kelly & Jakus, Paul M., 2005. "Applying the Miceli Model to Explain Cooperation in Municipal Solid Waste Management," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Lawrence Southwick, 2005. "Economies of scale and market power in policing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(8), pages 461-473.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.