Competitive markets with externalities
AbstractThis paper presents a general model of a competitive market with consumption externalities, and establishes the existence of equilibrium in the model, under assumptions comparable to those in classical models. The model allows production and indivisible goods. Examples illustrate the generality and applicability of the results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Theoretical Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://econtheory.org
Competitive equilibrium; externalities; distributional economies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Dufwenberg & Paul Heidhues & Georg Kirchsteiger & Frank Riedel & Joel Sobel, 2011.
"Other-Regarding Preferences in General Equilibrium,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(2), pages 613-639.
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Heidhues, Paul & Kirchsteiger, Georg & Riedel, Frank & Sobel, Joel, 2008. "Other-Regarding Preferences in General Equilibrium," CEPR Discussion Papers 6815, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin Dufwenberg & Paul Heidhues & Georg Kirchsteiger & Frank Riedel & Joel Sobel, 2011. "Other-Regarding Preferences in General Equilibrium," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149598, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Elena L. del Mercato, 2008.
"Externalities, Consumption Constraints and Regular Economies,"
CSEF Working Papers
195, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Dec 2009.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Elena Mercato, 2010. "Externalities, consumption constraints and regular economies," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 123-147, July.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Elena L. Del Mercato, 2008. "Externalities, consumption constraints and regular economies," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00257731, HAL.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Elena L. Del Mercato, 2008. "Externalities, consumption constraints and regular economies," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08011, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Apr 2009.
- Balder, Erik J., 2008. "More on equilibria in competitive markets with externalities and a continuum of agents," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 575-602, July.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2009. "Existence of Nash equilibria in large games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 168-184, January.
- M Ali Khan, 2007. "Perfect Competition," Microeconomics Working Papers 22207, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "Perfect Competition," MPRA Paper 2202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kung, Fan-chin, 2008. "Voluntary contributions to multiple public goods in a production economy with widespread externalities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(12), pages 1364-1378, December.
- Yves Balasko, 2013. "Social demand functions in general equilibrium," Textos para discussÃ£o 609, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin J. Osborne).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.