Wine Tourism – An Opportunity For The Development Of Wine Industry
AbstractRomania is a major European wine producing country with its great historical past and rich cultural traditions, many of them directly related to this beverage rightly considered a divine liqueur. It has favorable climatic conditions, natural landscapes and beautiful vineyards. The wine tourism is a collateral activity to wine industry which lead to regional development. This paper highlights the success factors to attract and to motivate the wine tourist. Romania has a considerable potential regarding the wine tourism development. But the lack of the promotion, of a defining brand and of the infrastructure hinder the capitalization of these factors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara in its journal Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara.
Volume (Year): XVIII/Supplement (2012)
Issue (Month): (November)
wine tourism; wine routes; tourist motivation; wine industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q19 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Kysilka).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.