A Pasinettian approach to international economic relations: the pure labor case
AbstractIn this paper, the pure labor version of Pasinetti's model of structural change and economic dynamics is extended to consider international economic relations. The conditions for full employment, full expenditure of national income and trade balance equilibrium are established along with solutions for the systems of physical quantities and prices in an open economy. Analytical results concerning the benefits of international trade and learning are studied with formal rigor. Then static and dynamic aspects of the principle of comparative cost advantages are analyzed considering the determinants of the level of specialization and international prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Review of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 16 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Araujo, Ricardo & Trigg, Andrew, 2013.
"A Neo-Kaldorian Approach to Structural Economic Dynamics,"
50370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Araujo, Ricardo & Trigg, Andrew, 2013. "A Neo-Kaldorian Approach to Structural Economic Dynamics," MPRA Paper 49758, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianpaolo Mariutti, 2007. "Production of commodities by means of labour. A theory of international relations," Working Papers 44/2007, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- GianPaolo Mariutti, 2007. "Production of commodities by means of labour. A theory of international relations," Working Papers 44, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo, 2011. "New insights from a structural economic dynamic approach to balance of payments constrained growth," MPRA Paper 30332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.