Arbitrage pricing of defaultable game options with applications to convertible bonds
AbstractThis paper is the first in a series that we devote to studying the problems of valuation and hedging of defaultable game options in general, and convertible corporate bonds in particular. Here, we present mathematical foundations for our overall study. Specifically, we provide several results characterizing the arbitrage price of a defaultable game option in terms of relevant Dynkin games. In addition, we provide important results regarding price decomposition of defaultable options. These general results are then specified to the case of convertible bonds, yielding in particular a decomposition of convertible bonds in an optional and a bond component.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Quantitative Finance.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivan Guo & Marek Rutkowski, 2014. "Arbitrage Pricing of Multi-person Game Contingent Claims," Papers 1405.2718, arXiv.org.
- Rida Laraki & Eilon Solan, 2012. "Equilibrium in Two-Player Nonzero-Sum Dynkin Games in Continuous Time," Working Papers hal-00753508, HAL.
- Egami, Masahiko & Leung, Tim & Yamazaki, Kazutoshi, 2013.
"Default swap games driven by spectrally negative Lévy processes,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 347-384.
- Masahiko Egami & Tim S. T. Leung & Kazutoshi Yamazaki, 2011. "Default Swap Games Driven by Spectrally Negative Levy Processes," Papers 1105.0238, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Agostino Capponi & Jose Figueroa-Lopez & Jeffrey Nisen, 2011. "Pricing and Semimartingale Representations of Vulnerable Contingent Claims in Regime-Switching Markets," Papers 1110.0403, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2012.
- Yuri Kifer, 2012. "Dynkin Games and Israeli Options," Papers 1209.1791, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.