On The Dynamic Programming Approach For Optimal Control Problems Of Pde'S With Age Structure
AbstractA survey and some new results are presented concerning the dynamic programming for a class of optimal control problems of partial differential equations with age-structure and of delay systems that include some applied examples from economic theory and from population dynamics. A general optimal control problem in Hilbert spaces applying to all examples is investigated, with particular stress on one family of applications: optimal investment models with vintage capital. Some new results are given for the case of constrained investments, including a study of the properties of the optimal trajectories.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Mathematical Population Studies.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/GMPS20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Fabbri & Silvia Faggian & Giuseppe Freni, 2014.
"On The Mitra-Wan Forest Management Problem in Continuous Time,"
Documents de recherche
14-04, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Silvia Faggian & Giorgio Fabbri & Giuseppe Freni, 2013. "On the Mitra--Wan Forest Management Problem in Continuous Time," Working Papers 2013:28, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Giorgio FABBRI & Silvia FAGGIAN & Giuseppe FRENI, 2014. "On the Mitra-Wan Forest Management Problem in Continuous Time," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Fabbri, Giorgio & Faggian, Silvia & Gozzi, Fausto, 2006. "On the Dynamic Programming approach to economic models governed by DDE's," MPRA Paper 2825, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goetz, Renan-Ulrich & Hritonenko, Natali & Yatsenko, Yuri, 2008. "The optimal economic lifetime of vintage capital in the presence of operating costs, technological progress, and learning," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 3032-3053, September.
- Silvia Faggian, 2008. "Equilibrium Points for Optimal Investment with Vintage Capital," Working Papers 182, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Silvia Faggian & Fausto Gozzi, 2008.
"Optimal investment models with vintage capital: Dynamic Programming approach,"
174, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Faggian, Silvia & Gozzi, Fausto, 2010. "Optimal investment models with vintage capital: Dynamic programming approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 416-437, July.
- Fabbri, Giorgio, 2006. "Viscosity solutions approach to economic models governed by DDEs," MPRA Paper 2826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabbri, Giorgio & Gozzi, Fausto & Swiech, Andrzej, 2007. "Verification theorem and construction of epsilon-optimal controls for control of abstract evolution equations," MPRA Paper 3547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jamsheed Shorish, 2007.
"Welfare analysis of HIV/AIDS: Formulating and computing a continuous time overlapping generations policy model,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0709, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Shorish, Jamsheed, 2007. "Welfare Analysis of HIV/AIDS: Formulating and Computing a Continuous Time Overlapping Generations Policy Model," Economics Series 211, Institute for Advanced Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.