The determinants of Spanish industrial exports to the European Union
AbstractThis paper investigates the determinants of trends in Spain's industrial exports to the other European Union countries by using a sectoral panel data approach. The results show that price elasticities of export demand differ widely among sectors. They also provide support to the idea that non-price factors have a significant influence on international competitiveness. In particular they show that technological and advertising effort have a significant effect not only on the evolution of exports but also on price elasticity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio G. Gómez-Plana & Oscar Bajo-Rubio, . "Algunos efectos del mercado único europeo sobre la economía española: Un análisis a través de un modelo de equilibrio general aplicado," Studies on the Spanish Economy 213, FEDEA.
- Lal, K., 2004.
"E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 505-517, March.
- Lal, K., 2002. "E-business and Export Behaviour: Evidence from Indian Firms," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez- Zarzoso, 2003. "The interplay of export supply and the real exchange rate. Evidence for Mercosur exports to the EU," International Trade 0309020, EconWPA.
- Oscar Bajo & Antonio Gómez, 2005.
"Simulating The Effects Of The European Single Market: A Cge Analysis For Spain,"
Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra
0503, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Gomez-Plana, Antonio G., 2005. "Simulating the effects of the European Single Market: A CGE analysis for Spain," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 689-709, September.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, . "Simulating the effects of the European single market: a CGE analysis for Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 208, FEDEA.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2004.
"Structural change in exports and economic growth: cointegration and causality analysis for Spain (1961-2000),"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 473-477.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2002. "Structural Change In Exports And Economic Growth: Cointegration And Causality Analysis For Spain (1961-2000)," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- M.T. Alguacil & V. Orts, . "A multivariate cointegrated model testing for temporal causality between exports and outward FDI: The Spanish case," Studies on the Spanish Economy 50, FEDEA.
- Ricardo Aláez Aller & Ana Fernández Sáinz & Begoña García Sáenz, 2002. "Precios relativos y exportaciones manufactureras españolas: ¿explotan las empresas industriales una cadena de valor multinacional?," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(2 Year 20), pages 191-209, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.