A model for regulated product innovation and introduction with application to telecommunications
AbstractThis empirical examination compares product innovation under price caps and Rate of return regulation (RoRR) in US telecommunications. The econometric model comprises a count process (for product innovation) followed by a duration process (for regulatory delay). More services were created under price caps than under RoRR. The model may also be useful for other regulatory settings and issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 9 (2002)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Prieger, 2008. "Product innovation, signaling, and endogenous regulatory delay," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 95-118, October.
- Prieger, James, 2005.
"Endogenous Regulatory Delay and the Timing of Product Innovation,"
05-4, University of California at Davis, Department of Economics.
- James E. Prieger, 2005. "Endogenous Regulatory Delay and the Timing of Product Innovation," Working Papers 54, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- James E. Prieger, 2004.
"The Impacts of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the Entry and Exit of Retail Firms,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
386, Econometric Society.
- Prieger, James E., 2004. "The Impact of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the Entry and Exit of Retail Firms," Working paper 325, Regulation2point0.
- James E. Prieger, 2004. "The Impacts of the Americans with Disabilities Act on the Entry and Exit of Retail Firms," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 589, Econometric Society.
- Prieger, James E., 2007. "Regulatory delay and the timing of product innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 219-236, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.