Product innovation, signaling, and endogenous regulatory delay
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Innovation delay; Regulatory delay; Telecommunications; Cox duration model; L51; L96;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2000.
"The Evolution of Markets Under Entry and Standards Regulation - The Case of Global Mobile Telecommunications,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "The evolution of markets under entry and standards regulation -- the case of global mobile telecommunications," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1189-1212, July.
- Yossef Spiegel & Simon Wilkie, 1996. "Investment in a New Technology as a Signal of Firm Value Under Regulatory Opportunism," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 251-276, 06.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roycroft, Trevor R., 1999. "Alternative regulation and the efficiency of local exchange carriers: evidence from the Ameritech states," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 469-480, September.
- James E. Prieger, .
"Telecommunications Regulation and New Services: a Case Study at the State Level,"
Department of Economics
00-11, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Prieger, James E, 2001. "Telecommunications Regulation and New Services: A Case Study at the State Level," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 285-305, November.
- James E. Prieger, 2003. "Telecommunications Regulation and New Services: a Case Study at the State Level," Working Papers 011, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Prager, Robin A, 1989. "The Effects of Regulatory Policies on the Cost of Debt for Electric Utilities: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 33-53, January.
- James E. Prieger, 2003.
"Regulation, Innovation, and the introduction of new telecommunications services,"
08, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- James E. Prieger, 2002. "Regulation, Innovation, and the Introduction of New Telecommunications Services," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 704-715, November.
- James E. Prieger, . "Regulation, Innovation, and the introduction of new telecommunications services," Department of Economics 00-08, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- James Prieger, 2002. "A model for regulated product innovation and introduction with application to telecommunications," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(10), pages 625-629.
- Hazlett Thomas W. & Ford George S., 2001. "The Fallacy of Regulatory Symmetry: An Economic Analysis of the 'Level Playing Field' in Cable TV Franchising Statutes," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-27, April.
- David M Kreps & Robert Wilson, 2003.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000813, David K. Levine.
- Mailath, George J, 1987. "Incentive Compatibility in Signaling Games with a Continuum of Types," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1349-65, November.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
NBER Working Papers
7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1997. "Valuing the Effect of Regulation on New Services in Telecommunications," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1997 Micr), pages 1-54.
- Donald, Stephen G & Sappington, David E M, 1997. "Choosing among Regulatory Options in the United States Telecommunications Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 227-43, November.
- Lyon, Thomas P & Huang, Haizou, 1995. "Asymmetric Regulation and Incentives for Innovation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 769-76.
- Prieger, James E., 2007. "Regulatory delay and the timing of product innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 219-236, April.
- Bauer, Johannes M. & Shim, Woohyun, 2012. "Regulation and digital innovation: Theory and evidence," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60364, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.