New evidence on price discrimination and retail configuration
AbstractIn a frequently cited paper in the industrial organization literature, Shepard examines the extent to which gasoline stations can price discriminate by offering both selfand full-service gasoline rather than offering only a single service choice. Given the idiosyncratic nature of the data used in Shepard's original study and the recommendations of the author, this issue is re-examined using a larger and richer data set with a more typical smaller proportion of full-service-only stations. Using a panel of station-level data from the Los Angeles retail gasoline market from 1992'1995, Shepard's original findings are confirmed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Taylor & Jeffrey Fischer, 2003. "A Review of West Coast Gasoline Pricing and the Impact of Regulations," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 225-243.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2007.
"Competition Effects of Supermarket Services,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 555-568.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 094, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9833, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Lopez, Rigoberto, 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," Research Reports 149176, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.