Measuring unemployment persistence in terms of I(d) statistical models
AbstractIn the paper the unemployment rate series of nineteen countries are examined by means of fractionally integrated techniques. The results show that unemployment series are more persistent in some countries, such as Finland, Belgium or Spain, than in others, like the USA, Japan, Austria, Italy or Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordóñez, 2009.
"Unemployment and common smooth transition trends in Central and Eastern European Countries,"
2009/5, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Javier Ordonez, 2011. "Unemployment and common smooth transition trends in Central and Eastern European Countries," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 16(2), pages 39-52, September.
- Andréa Zaitune Curi & Naércio Aquino Menezes-Filho, 2005.
"A Relação Entre O Desempenho Escolar E Os Salários No Brasil,"
Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
158, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Curi, Andréa Zaitune & Menezes Filho, N. A., 2006. "A Relação entre o Desempenho Escolar e os Salários no Brasil," Insper Working Papers wpe_51, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- de Figueiredo, Erik Alencar, 2010. "Dynamics of regional unemployment rates in Brazil: Fractional behavior, structural breaks, and Markov switching," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 900-908, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.