Mixed model prediction and small area estimation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal TEST.
Volume (Year): 15 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120411
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Tong & Vuong, Quang, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of the Measurement Error Model Using Multiple Indicators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 139-165, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Gauri Sankar Datta & J. N. K. Rao & David Daniel Smith, 2005. "On measuring the variability of small area estimators under a basic area level model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(1), pages 183-196, March.
- A. Chaudhuri, 1994. "Small domain statistics: a review," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 48(3), pages 215-236, November.
- Li-Chun Zhang & Raymond L. Chambers, 2004. "Small area estimates for cross-classifications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(2), pages 479-496.
- M. A. Black, 2004. "A note on the adaptive control of false discovery rates," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(2), pages 297-304.
- Song, Peter X.K. & Fan, Yanqin & Kalbfleisch, John D., 2005. "Maximization by Parts in Likelihood Inference," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1145-1158, December.
- Heyde, C. C., 1994. "A quasi-likelihood approach to the REML estimating equations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 381-384, December.
- Danny Pfeffermann & Richard Tiller, 2005. "Bootstrap Approximation to Prediction MSE for State-Space Models with Estimated Parameters," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(6), pages 893-916, November.
- Basu, Ruma & Ghosh, J. K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 2003. "Empirical Bayes prediction intervals in a normal regression model: higher order asymptotics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 197-203, June.
- Jiming Jiang & P. Lahiri, 2001. "Empirical Best Prediction for Small Area Inference with Binary Data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 217-243, June.
- Yoshimori, Masayo & Lahiri, Partha, 2014. "A new adjusted maximum likelihood method for the Fay–Herriot small area model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 281-294.
- David Swanson & George Hough, 2012. "An Evaluation of Persons per Household (PPH) Estimates Generated by the American Community Survey: A Demographic Perspective," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 235-266, April.
- Sedeño-Noda, A. & González-Dávila, E. & González-Martín, C. & González-Yanes, A., 2009. "Preemptive benchmarking problem: An approach for official statistics in small areas," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 360-369, July.
- Ralf Münnich & Jan Burgard & Martin Vogt, 2013. "Small Area-Statistik: Methoden und Anwendungen," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 149-191, March.
- Isabel Molina, 2006. "Uncertainty Under A Multivariate Nested-Error Regression Model With Logarithmic Transformation," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws066117, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Timo Schmid & Ralf Münnich, 2014. "Spatial robust small area estimation," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 653-670, August.
- Gräb, J. & Grimm, M., 2009.
"Spatial inequalities explained: evidence from Burkina Faso,"
ISS Working Papers - General Series
18725, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Johannes Gräb & Michael Grimm, 2008. "Spatial Inequalities Explained: Evidence from Burkina Faso," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 843, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Johannes Gräb & Michael Grimm, 2008. "Spatial inequalities explained - Evidence from Burkina Faso," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 173, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Luis Pereira & Pedro Coelho, 2013. "Estimation of house prices in regions with small sample sizes," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 603-621, April.
- M. Ugarte & A. Militino & T. Goicoa, 2009. "Benchmarked estimates in small areas using linear mixed models with restrictions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 342-364, August.
- Tamura, Karin Ayumi & Giampaoli, Viviana, 2013. "New prediction method for the mixed logistic model applied in a marketing problem," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 202-216.
- Swamy, P.A.V.B. & Mehta, Jatinder S. & Chang, I-Lok & Zimmerman, T.S., 2009. "An efficient method of estimating the true value of a population characteristic from its discrepant estimates," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2378-2389, April.
- B. Liu, 2008. "Accounting for interviewer variability in small area estimation," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 253-262.
- Molina, Isabel, 2009. "Uncertainty under a multivariate nested-error regression model with logarithmic transformation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 963-980, May.
- Marhuenda, Yolanda & Morales, Domingo & del Carmen Pardo, María, 2014. "Information criteria for Fay–Herriot model selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 268-280.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.