Generalized stochastic dominance and bad outcome aversion
AbstractIncomplete preferences over lotteries on a Â¯nite set of alternatives satisfying, besides independence and continuity, a property called bad outcome aversion are considered. These preferences are characterized in terms of their speciÂ¯c multi-expected utility representations (cf. Dubra et al., 2004), and can be seen as generalized stochastic dominance preferences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 35 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Peters, Hans & Schulteis, Tim & Vermeulen, Dries, 2007. "Generalized stochastic dominance and bad outcome aversion," Research Memorandum 031, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fishburn, Peter C., 1976. "Continua of stochastic dominance relations for bounded probability distributions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 295-311, December.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maccheroni & Efe Oki, 2001.
"Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
11-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Dubra, Juan & Maccheroni, Fabio & Ok, Efe A., 2004. "Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 118-133, March.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maacheroni & Efe A. Ok, 2001. "Expected Utility Theory without the Completeness Axiom," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1294, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andres Perea & Hans Peters & Tim Schulteis & Dries Vermeulen, 2006.
"Stochastic dominance equilibria in two-person noncooperative games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 457-473, November.
- Perea,Andres & Peters,Hans & Schulteis,Tim & Vermeulen,Dries, 2005. "Stochastic dominance equilibria in two-person noncooperative games," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.