Sprumont's characterization of the uniform rule when all single-peaked preferences are admissible
AbstractSprumont (1991) has established that the only allocation rule for the division problem that is strategy-proof, efficient, and anonymous is the uniform rule when the domain is the set of all possible profiles of continuous single-peaked preferences. Sprumont's characterization of the uniform rule is shown to hold on any larger domain of single-peaked preferences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Economic Design.
Volume (Year): 4 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: Received: 15 December 1998 / Accepted: 12 April 1999
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10058/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masso, Jordi & Neme, Alejandro, 2001.
"Maximal Domain of Preferences in the Division Problem,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 367-387, November.
- Jordi MassóAuthor-Name: Alejandro Neme, . "Maximal Domain Of Preferences In The Division Problem," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 434.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Manjunath, Vikram, 2012. "When too little is as good as nothing at all: Rationing a disposable good among satiable people with acceptance thresholds," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 576-587.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.