Coefficient alpha and the reliability of composite measurements
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 32 (1967)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Cyril Hoyt, 1941. "Test reliability estimated by analysis of variance," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 153-160, June.
- G. Kuder & M. Richardson, 1937. "The theory of the estimation of test reliability," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 151-160, September.
- Samuel Green & Yanyun Yang, 2009. "Commentary on Coefficient Alpha: A Cautionary Tale," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 121-135, March.
- Walter Kristof, 1969. "Estimation of true score and error variance for tests under various equivalence assumptions," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 489-507, December.
- Ping, Robert Jr., 2004. "On assuring valid measures for theoretical models using survey data," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 125-141, February.
- Walter Kristof, 1974. "Estimation of reliability and true score variance from a split of a test into three arbitrary parts," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 491-499, December.
- Robert MacCann, 2004. "Reliability as a function of the number of item options derived from the “knowledge or random guessing” model," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 147-157, March.
- Jos Berge & Willem Hofstee, 1999. "Coefficients alpha and reliabilities of unrotated and rotated components," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 83-90, March.
- Tarkkonen, L. & Vehkalahti, K., 2005. "Measurement errors in multivariate measurement scales," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 172-189, September.
- Roderick McDonald, 1986. "Describing the elephant: Structure and function in multivariate data," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 513-534, December.
- Klaas Sijtsma, 2009. "On the Use, the Misuse, and the Very Limited Usefulness of Cronbach’s Alpha," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 107-120, March.
- Walter Kristof, 1971. "On the theory of a set of tests which differ only in length," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 207-225, September.
- Ferreira, Ivan F. S. & Bugarin, Mauricio S., 2006. "Transferências Voluntárias e Ciclo Político-Orçamentário no Federalismo Fiscal Brasileiro," Insper Working Papers wpe_64, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Klaas Sijtsma, 2012. "Future of Psychometrics: Ask What Psychometrics Can Do for Psychology," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 4-20, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.